Video Game Addiction & Internet Addiction Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Video Game Addiction & Internet Addiction Forum

The TechAddiction.ca support forum. Meet, support, and learn from other gamers or internet users who are struggling with an online or gaming addiction. For even more information, visit the main site at www.techaddiction.ca

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Former Gamer Addict Who Needs All The Help He Can Get!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nolanlewer

Former Gamer Addict Who Needs All The Help He Can Get! Empty
PostSubject: Former Gamer Addict Who Needs All The Help He Can Get!   Former Gamer Addict Who Needs All The Help He Can Get! Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 2:16 am

Hello,

My name is Nolan and I'm a former game addict who was addicted to some of the most powerful games for nearly 6 years. Which included the online game World of Warcraft and some of the system games like Halo and Final Fantasies. I turned away from all forms of social interaction except the friends I had on WoW and Halo online. I was a straight A student and flunked out of med school believe when my game addiction became overwhelming.

After flunking out, losing my friends, and almost losing the one I love, I decided enough was enough. I decided to get help and turned to my mom and fiance for help. My mother and fiance got a lot of $$$ together to pay for a therapist to see me. They sat in with me on a lot of the meetings because I knew I could use all the support I could get. After nearly a year of therapy I finally became strong enough to handle being around a game and not having to give into the desire to play it. I can go to my old friends houses and see them playing games and not fret about picking up the controller in indulging into my addictions again.

The strange thing about my experience with breaking a game addiction was I felt the need to keep a journal on all my thoughts and experiences. I even took it with me during my therapy sessions and would write down all the answers the therapist would give not only to my questions but my fiance and moms questions and concerns too.

Now after reading the journal I have decided to share what is important in it to help others. But most people with a game addiction aren't looking for help, its usually quite the opposite because they don't think they have a problem. I'm here to try and help the mothers, fathers, wives, husbands, and friends to those who have a game addiction by giving them the information they need to help the addict. In order to do that I need to know what information is most crucial in answering the biggest questions and concerns in the book I'm trying to write.

The help I need from you is simple and will only take about a minute and I will send you a copy of the book for helping me out. All I want to know is if you can email me your biggest question or concern about how to help a game addict. No matter how silly or stupid you may think your question may be please send it anyway because you never know what kinds of information can help someone.

Please send your question or concern to GameAddictionsAreSerious@gmail.com and after the book is finished I will email you a copy of it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and hopefully sending your question or concern,

Nolan
Back to top Go down

Former Gamer Addict Who Needs All The Help He Can Get!
Page 1 of 1