Video Game Addiction & Internet Addiction Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Video Game Addiction & Internet Addiction Forum

The TechAddiction.ca support forum. Meet, support, and learn from other gamers or internet users who are struggling with an online or gaming addiction. For even more information, visit the main site at www.techaddiction.ca

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Game Addict needs to get life back

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chilaha

Game Addict needs to get life back Empty
PostSubject: Game Addict needs to get life back   Game Addict needs to get life back Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 2:42 am

How long have you been playing video games?
10 years

- When did you start? When I was 5 i played pc games like Rescue heroes, lol... but my first handheld was when i was 6 and my first console i got was in 2nd grade.

- Is this a genuine addiction or should it be called something else? I wouldnt call it a flat out addiction at times im ok, and at times i just cant even not think about games or not play them. They seem to cause me to be fatigued (feel like im in a dream), make me lose any desire to do anything, and make me have emmotional ups and downs. Like one sec i feel awesome and next im so bummed i just wanna play video games for the rest of my life. (this one may just be me)

- Which games are the most addictive? NHL series, any FPS, and RTS like Starcraft and Halo Wars.

- What is it about certain games that makes them potentially more addictive than others? Competitive online, rankings, good story, replay value.

- How have your gaming habits affected your life (school, work, relationships)?
It has brought my grades from As to Ds. I have started pushing away relationships. And now, videogames have made me stop wanting to workout.

- Have you ever tried to cut back on your game time?
Yea, lately everyday i say ill get rid of it, and stop, but i never do.
- What advice do you have for others who are trying to spend less time gaming?
Get rid of the console.
-MY Goal: Play games in moderation and only play e-t rated games. M games make me even more addicted.
Chilaha
Back to top Go down

Game Addict needs to get life back
Page 1 of 1