Video Game Addiction & Internet Addiction Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Video Game Addiction & Internet Addiction Forum

The TechAddiction.ca support forum. Meet, support, and learn from other gamers or internet users who are struggling with an online or gaming addiction. For even more information, visit the main site at www.techaddiction.ca

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Introducing myself ...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Whirly_2011

Introducing myself ... Empty
PostSubject: Introducing myself ...   Introducing myself ... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:28 pm

It seems as though this forum isn't as active as I'd have liked it to be but I'm going to take the plunge and introduce myself anyway. I'm a 22 year old female from the UK and I'm a self-confessed internet addict. I have had issues with internet addiction for around 5 years now and recently had cognitive behaviour therapy with the hope that I would start to see some improvement in my behaviour. Unfortunately after 6 sessions of CBT over a 9 week period I only managed to make very minor changes and now I've been given a 3 month break before I have a review session. I've learnt that my internet addiction is as a result of impulsivity as well as depression. I feel that it's finally time to come face-to-face with overcoming my addiction however I feel that I can't do this entirely by myself so some online social support from people who are going through the same would give me a huge boost. I look forward to chatting to you soon.
Back to top Go down

Introducing myself ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Video Game Addiction & Internet Addiction Forum :: TechAddiction.ca - Support Forum :: TechAddiction Meet & Greet-
Jump to: