Video Game Addiction & Internet Addiction Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Video Game Addiction & Internet Addiction Forum

The TechAddiction.ca support forum. Meet, support, and learn from other gamers or internet users who are struggling with an online or gaming addiction. For even more information, visit the main site at www.techaddiction.ca

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Former Game Addict

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nolanlewer

Former Game Addict Empty
PostSubject: Former Game Addict   Former Game Addict Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 1:55 am

I had played World of Warcraft for years and became so involved with it, I lost basically everything. I was a straight A student in med school when I first started playing the game. 3 years into the program I go so involved with it I ended up getting kicked out for poor grades. There I sat with $150,000 in student loan debt and still playing the same game that got me into that place.

Yes I know you can say it's your fault or you brought it on yourself. But it really is harder than people make it out to be to break. Sounds terribly nerdy but its true. The problem most people have with a gaming addiction is they always think well what else would I be doing if I wasn't playing my game? Sitting around, bored with nothing else to do.

World of Warcraft is one of the most addicting games because it is a never ending game. Blizzard always comes out with a new expansion, addon, or level to complete. Unlike other games you can just play and get burnt out on, here there is always something new to do. You start to build a social life around your game because its online and you can chat with your buddies in the game too.

After reaching my breaking point, I decided enough was enough and told all my online buddies if they needed me just to send me a text as long as it didn't involve playing the game. I still struggle with wanting to go back and play the game but I have found a better way with coping and that is to share my story with others. Hoping it will inspire them to quit their gaming addiction or allow those who are a love one of a gaming addict find the answers they need to help.

Right now I'm working on a book to hopefully help give people the information they need to help the ones they love overcome this powerful addiction. I can use all the help I can get. If you have about a minute of free time and would like to receive a copy of the book when its finished, hopefully in a few weeks, all you need to do is send me an email with your biggest question or concern about a game addiction. No matter how silly or stupid you may think your question may be please send it anyway because even the silliest of things can still change someone elses life.

Again, please send your question to gameaddictionsareserious@gmail.com and I will send you a copy of the book after its finished.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and hopefully sending me your biggest question or concern,

Nolan
Back to top Go down

Former Game Addict
Page 1 of 1